The Among Us modding trend has been a staple of the fan community, even prompting InnerSloth to add popular game modes like the Sheriff Role Mod and Hide and Seek mode to the official game in upcoming updates. However, there are some creative mods, like the horror-themed role mods or celebrity role mods, that may be less likely to appear in the official game but can add a variety of fun features to Among Us. One such mod is the Among Us Daddy Role Mod. In this mod, the Impostor becomes a father, complete with a special sprite designed to look like a bearded, balding, stereotypical dad.
In the Daddy Impostor Role Mod for Among Us, players gain access to new, powerful abilities. The standout is the ability to Ground crewmates at any time, sending them to a new room on The Skeld designed to look like a teenager’s bedroom and taking them out of the game to prevent them from completing tasks. When the Impostor makes a kill using one of Daddy’s abilities, there won’t be a body left behind for crewmates to report. This limits communication and makes it more difficult for crewmates to win. Like other creative role mods for Among Us, the goal is less about social deduction and competition between crewmates and Impostors, and more about being creative with new abilities and laughing among friends. Here’s how to play the Daddy Role Mod in Among Us.
The Among Us Daddy Role mod was created by King for content creator SSundee and his friends and is currently not available for public download. Players may have luck getting into a game that uses this mod by joining a server that has it installed. Players can also always try programming their own version. It is also possible that, given its popularity, other modders will eventually program a version of this mod and make it available for wider use.
When a crewmate is chosen to be the Impostor in Among Us with the Daddy Role mod installed, they will gain new abilities for creative sabotages and kills, including:
- Impostor: Transform between the typical crewmate character model and the new Daddy sprite.
- Joke: The Impostor tells a “dad joke” that every crewmate can hear. Crewmates are compelled to stop what they’re doing and laugh, momentarily stunning them and preventing movement.
- Grounded: The Impostor can choose up to two crewmates from a menu to send to the new room on the Skeld to ground them. They are not able to leave the room until someone calls a meeting.
- Grill: Daddy can drop a barbecue Grill on a crewmate, setting them on fire. Crewmates only have a few seconds before they are turned to ash. This method of killing does not leave a reportable body.
- Lawn-Mow: Daddy can hop onto his riding mower and accidentally run over crewmates, killing them and spitting their remains out the back end of the machine. This method of killing does not leave a reportable body.
Impostors also have the ability to zoom in and out of the map, particularly when using Grill, to select where to drop it. While transformed into Daddy, Impostors can access Grill and Lawn-Mow. Joke and Grounded can be accessed while using the crewmate sprite model. Additionally, Daddy can choose himself to be Grounded as a way to throw off any suspicions. Impostors may also combine Joke with either killing ability to prevent crewmates from having a chance to run away.
Impostors also still have access to the regular Sabotage and Kill buttons. The best sabotages to use with the Daddy Impostor Role mod include lights and doors. These can box crewmates into various rooms without needing to use the Grounded power and prevent them from seeing Daddy transformed or riding his mower.
With no dead bodies to report, while playing using the Among Us Daddy Role mod, crewmates will usually only be able to stop the constant attacks and vote out the suspected Impostor by using the Emergency Button. This is also the only way to get crewmates out of their room after being Grounded. This limits communication between crewmates somewhat, making it difficult, but not impossible, for crewmates to win.
Players can see the Daddy Role mod used in an Among Us match in SSundee’s video below:
Among Us is available for PC, Nintendo Switch, iOS, and Android.