While most Among Us mods introduce roles with new abilities for crewmates and Impostors to use during a match, some of the more interesting mods introduce entirely new mechanics both crewmates and Impostors can experience. One of the latest Among Us mods is the LEGO Mod. Crewmates and Impostors change from their rounded bean shape to a blocky style. All around the map, crewmates and Impostors can find piles of LEGO blocks in varying quantities to collect. Each time they collect more LEGO, they grow in size and can use these blocks to build vehicles and structures. While all players have access to some of the new powers, the Impostor can use these in new and unexpected ways to sabotage and kill crewmates or build a small army of Impostor minions.
Even with access to most of the same abilities, it is difficult for crewmates to win when playing the Among Us LEGO Mod. This is due in part to a new mechanic that allows crewmates and Impostors to rebuild fallen crewmates, as long as they have enough LEGO blocks in their inventory. If a fellow crewmate rebuilds a fallen crewmate, gameplay continues normally. However, if the Impostor rebuilds the fallen crewmate, similar to the Among Us Zombies Mod they also become a second Impostor. Though every player has the ability to rebuild only once, Impostors can easily direct their new minions to kill and resurrect more crewmates on their behalf. Here’s how to play the LEGO Mod for Among Us.
The Among Us LEGO Mod was created by Sub & Fletch and demonstrated by creator SSundee and his friends. Currently, it not available for public download. Players may have luck getting into a game that uses this mod by joining a server that has it installed. Players can also always try their hand at programming a version. It is also possible that, given its popularity, other modders will eventually program a version of this mod and make it available for wider use.
Using the LEGO Mod in Among Us, crewmates and Impostors can both collect any LEGO bricks they find on the map. The more they collect, the larger their character sprite grows. Everyone playing the game will also have access to the following abilities:
- House: Drop a traditional LEGO house on a crewmate or Impostor to box them in for several seconds, preventing escape and allowing crewmates to run away or Impostors to make a quick kill.
- Rocket: With enough LEGO blocks saved, crewmates and Impostors can build a rocket that zooms off the map, allowing them to see every room and choose where to go next. Impostors may also crash this rocket into crewmates to kill them.
- Car: With enough LEGO blocks saved, crewmates and Impostors can build a LEGO car and drive around the map. They have greater movement speed than they would by simply walking.
- LEGO-Step: Crewmates or Impostors can place LEGO mines around the map. When a crewmate places a LEGO mine and it is stepped on, they erupt, losing all their collected LEGO blocks and returning to their small starting size. When an Impostor places a LEGO mine and it is stepped on, the crewmate is killed.
- Rebuild: Crewmates and Impostors can rebuild one player per match, as long as they have collected enough LEGO blocks. Rebuilt crewmates are not allowed to talk, and crewmates who are rebuilt by Impostors become Impostors themselves.
Impostors also still have access to the regular Sabotage and Kill buttons. It is important to note that crewmates who are killed the classic way can still be rebuilt by another crewmate or the Impostor.
Typically, Impostors will Rebuild one fallen crewmate and turn them into a second Impostor. Then, that second Impostor will use their Rebuild ability after killing another crewmate to turn them into an Impostor. This can occur for a while until there are too many Impostors in the lobby and they begin to outnumber the crewmates. At this point, the game will end, registering as a lobby disconnect. This means the Impostor has won. Crewmates can try to stop this endless army by planting mines that cause Impostors to lose their LEGO blocks, preventing them from using Rebuild. They can also try to win with tasks.
Players can see the LEGO Mod used in an Among Us match in SSundee’s video below:
Among Us is available for PC, Nintendo Switch, iOS, and Android.